Natureland Organic Aronia Juice 330ml
A direct juice with only the actual water of the ripened fruit. It is gently pasteurized, and all its flavors and vitamins are from the fruit itself.
- UTI treatment
- Better blood circulation, disinfection and detoxification of the body
- Stress relief and lower blood pressure
- Prevention of diabetes and heart disease
- Anti-carcinogenic and anti inflammatory effects
- Eye protection
- Weight control.
Initially originating from North America, the native tribes used the aronia berries juices or in teas to fight colds and flu infections. The plant is now cultivated as well in Eastern Europe and Russia, is easy to grow and good for landscaping with beautiful ivory-colored blossoms.
The berries are also known as chokeberries due to their distinct bitter taste, and are therefore mostly consumed as juice or jam. Aronia berries are praised and consumed for their very high content of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins.
Healthy Benefits of Aronia Berries and Juice
- Aronia berries can boost your immune system, and have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- They are high in vitamins A, C, K, E and P, as well as in the minerals potassium, sodium, iron, magnesium, zinc and folate.
- They increase body metabolism. They may help with diabetes by improving insulin sensitivity.
- They protect the heart and increase healthy blood circulation. Aronia berries also maintain a healthy blood pressure balance, as reported in a study published in 2015 in the Science Direct journal.
- Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC values) is a measurement of the total antioxidant capacity of a food. Aronia berries score over 16,000 in value - higher than even blueberries or elderberries! These include antioxidants of anthocyanins, quercetin, resveratrol, and ursolic acid which are known to prevent and reduce cell damage.
- Aronia juice was used in the USSR Ministry of Health, after studies proved its health benefits in the 1950’s. One study showed it lessens detrimental consequences of radioactive radiation exposure.
- In 2020 an exciting new study reported in Neuroscience News, suggested that Aronia juice may treat Multiple Sclerosis by aiding the repair of damaged nerve tissue.
How to Use Aronia Juice
As discussed above, it is much more enjoyable to use Aronia Berries as a juice. Due to their bitter taste you might also not be able to find them sold as fresh berries.
- Add the juice to smoothies, teas, yogurt or in fresh lemonade. You can add some honey to sweeten the bitter taste.
- It can be used in cooking for pies or pastry fillings. You can mix it with other berry juices as well.
If consumed purely for its health benefits we recommend a daily dose of 1 ounce.
In general, it is considered very safe to eat Aronia berries or drink the juice. It is not recommended to consume if pregnant. Consuming a large quantity of juice or raw berries could cause diarrhea.
Ingredients : certified organic aronia juice.